Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dialogue Workout 51


1.
A: I’m Doctor Harris. How have you been feeling?
B: Not too well, doctor. I have a bad cold.
A: How long have you had this cold?
B: For about three weeks now.
A: Have you had any fever or chills?
B: I’ve had a fever that comes and goes.
2.
A: I have a couple of questions about your health history.
B: Sure. I’ll be glad to answer them.
A: Have you ever been hospitalized?
B: Yes, I was in the hospital three years ago.
A: For what reason?
B: I had an operation on my left knee.
3.
A: Have you ever had a bad reaction to any drug?
B: Yes, I took penicillin last year and got a rash.
A: Do you have a history of heart disease in your family?
B: No one in my family has had heart disease.
A: Has anyone in your family had cancer?
B: As far as I know, no one has had cancer either.
4.
A: Doctor, I’m not feeling very well.
B: What seems to be the problem?
A: I have a very bad headache.
B: Do you have it all the time or does it come and go?
A: I have it mostly at night and in the morning.
B: So, it goes away during the day?
5.
A: What seems to be the trouble, Mrs. Jones?
B: I feel dizzy and nauseous.
A: How long have you been feeling dizzy and nauseous?
B: I have felt that way for the past three days.
A: Have you tried any over the counter medications?
B: Yes, I tried Pepto Bismol, but it didn’t work.
6.
A: Doctor, my son hasn’t been feeling very well.
B: He hasn’t? What seems to be the matter?
A: He hasn’t been able to move his neck since Saturday.
B: What was he doing on Saturday?
A: He was playing soccer and he fell down.
B: I think it would be best for him to get an X-ray.
7.
A: I’m a little concerned about your blood pressure.
B: Oh, really doctor? But, I’ve been feeling fine.
A: Still, I’m giving you blood pressure medication.
B: Do I really need this medicine? I feel fine.
A: It will lower your blood pressure to a normal level.
B: Are there any side effects with this medicine?
8.
A: You might feel dizzy at first, but it will pass.
B: Is there anything else I can do for my blood pressure?
A: Yes, try to get some exercise every day.
B: What kind of exercise is the best?
A: Walking is good exercise. Swimming is good, too.
B: I already exercise every day, but I’ll try to do more.
9.
A: Excuse me. Are you okay?
B: I think I just sprained my ankle.
A: Oh, no. Can I do anything to help? Should I call a doctor?
B: No, that’s okay. I think I’ll be all right.
A: Well, let me at least help you get on your feet.
B: Thanks very much. You’re very kind.
10.
A: How are you feeling today, David?
B: Not very well, Dr. Harris. My neck still bothers me.
A: What seems to be the problem?
B: It’s very stiff. I can hardly move it.
A: How long has your neck been stiff?
B: It’s been stiff since the soccer game last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin