Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Using Reported Speech.

"Acrobat on a Ball", by Pablo Picasso

















Change the following direct quotes to reported speech. Follow the "Sequence of Tenses" rule.

1. She said, "I watch TV everyday."



2. Bob said, "I will help you."



3. Jennifer asked, "What do you want?"



4. Sid asked, "Are you hungry"



5. Bruce said, "I'm going to move to Ohio."



6. Connie asked, "Did you enjoy your trip?"



7. Dick asked, "What are you talking about?"



8. Nancy asked, "Have you seen my grammar book?"



9. Susan said, "I don't want to go with you."



10. David asked, "Can you come to my party?"



11. Mike said, "I may be late. I have a lot to do."



12. My daughter often asked, "Why is the sky blue?"



13. My mother asked, "Why are you so tired?"



14. "I will come to the meeting," Juan said.



15. "The sun rises in the East," Mr. Ross explained.



16. She said, "I need a vacation."



17. Mr. Clark asked me, "Where are you going?"



18. She asked me, "When will you get back from your trip?"



19. He asked me, "Does it take longer to go there by bus?"



20. Our son said to us, "Please, send me more money right away."



21. He asked us, "Please, sit down for a few minutes."



22. The police officer said to me, "Don't make so much noise."



23. The teacher said to us, "Don't expect to learn English in one year."



24. My doctor said to me, "Don't worry about your blood test."



25. Mario said, "I can't understand the teacher."



26. Sally said, "I must leave class early today."



27. Steve said, "I'm sorry I haven't been in class."



28. "Where did the teacher go yesterday?" Maria asked.



29. "Have your students all been registered?" Lisa asked me.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin